To create transformative experiences for individuals and communities, inspired by nature, rooted in history, cultivated by curiosity and advanced by simplicity.
Our core values can be summed up in three words: Less is More. In everything we grow and harvest, in everything we package (or unpackage), in everything we source and build, we strive to do more good through less harm to our food, bodies and land.
- In food, we support local farmers and the community which means less trucks on the road, and more fresh produce for more nutrients and healthier people.
- In packaging, we support and reward bulk item, for less waste and chemicals that clog up our landfills and harm our oceans.
- In building, we work with nature for more efficient solutions like passive heating and cooling, rainwater collection and natural lighting.
- In education, we create guidelines to educate consumers on how to read food nutrition and ingredient labels for more healthy decisions.
Less Is More
- We’re for more organics for more people.
- We’re for less waste in growing, processing, packaging and consumption
- We’re for tomatoes and fruit with more flavor. We work to source our products with closer proximity from farm to fork. (Like 15,000 less miles)
- We’re for more bike baskets full of produce. And a lot less packaging to throw away
- We’re for more slow-cooked family feasts. And biking in between. Fast food?
- We’re for less.
- We’re for more compassion for our employees, customers and community.
- We’re for more understanding of where your food is grown. And more greeting the guy who grows it.
- We’re certainly for less impact for a smaller footprint and a cleaner earth.
- We’re for more kidlike curiosity. And getting our hands in the dirt.
- We’re for less accepting and more challenging.
- We’re for more balance between work and play, individual and environment.
- We’re for more growing closer to home.
- That’s Centrally Grown.
Centrally Grown at Off The Grid (Formerly Centrally Grown) is still a neighborhood of sustainably-conscious spaces built on the philosophy that healthy people build healthy communities. It is this simple but profound belief that reconnects the values of the past with the lifestyles of the present.
Throughout the Centrally Grown at Off The Grid experience, we invite our neighbors to learn alongside us as we continually explore global resources, the environment, the food system, and our daily practices. Together, we will savor meals and beverages prepared from locally grown harvests. We will protect and enjoy our natural surroundings. We will discover how personal choices can create lasting change, one community at a time.